Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

4 switch set-up

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Moabite 
#1 ·
Ok, I know that this info is here somewhere on the forum, but I can't find it, even with searching, and reading, and searching.

I'm looking for the best looking option for a row of switches. I'm thinking of next to the steering wheel on the left side.

The Daystar center console dash kit wont work because I have a 6 speed and I think there isn't enough room for the switches to be there.

I'm not going with the SPOD because I don't have enough $$$.

And I want a set up that I could run one wire from the battery and one ground wire, then hook all the light's into the switches.

Any help would be appreciated:thumb:

#2 ·
Then your best option is the daystar pillar pod. you can mount 4 of the large rocker switches. I cheap'd out and used button switches for my 3 aux sets of lighting and installed them on the OEM pillar, and it looks good. I do like the SPOD for a professional looking install with all the relays and bells and whistles, but i'd rather spend the $$$ on other mods.
P.S. The pillar is a great place to mount your switches. I ran all my wiring from the engine compartment through the foam filled hole right under the pillar. Pull the pillar off(i think there's a torx screw up toward the top to remove) Then pull off the side dash panal (below the pillar panel you just removed) and you'll see the access hole. I paid about $5 bucks for the 3 switches.

#6 ·
RB-10rubicon said:
Im with dirtydog buy your own switches pepboys, radio shack..ect the pillar pod is nice but its a little bulky looking and you have to cut your holes out in it anyway. So save some money and do it the way you like
It's actually not that bulky. As far as the cutouts, they are precut and you finish with a boxcutter or knife. Looks oem

#9 ·
I believe that I would save ton of aggravation, but I can't afford $400+ for switches etc... and I'm pretty confident in my mad wire running skillz:punk:... not saying the lights will work on first try...:D yeah, I'm joking, no mad skillz, and hopefully they will work the first try. I've done harder things in the past.

I really do appreciate all the advice. and I really wish I could afford the SPOD... even though I still might not use the $$$ that way.

Thanks guys for the advice! I'll have to go into more detailed research on all this...

Any other thought's people?

I know I saw someone on here with a nice 4 switch assembly. The switches attached to each other behind the mounting surface, so all you had showing was the switches in a nice row. they kinda looked like daystars... but they weren't. Any thought's?

#11 ·
Saved this link awhile back:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/has-anyone-used-this-in-a-jk-141536.html

But I just ordered the Daystar panel...though I have the automatic. It seems like the switch panel mounted on the pillar would be distracting, especially with lighted switches. Some of those switches are very bright. I didn't want the sPOD because I plan on folding the windshield down and don't want to mess with a major hot wire going up through the windshield channels.

#13 ·
Opened the box for the tan Daystar panel and discovered it does not match the tan in a 2013 JK. It is substantially darker but will still look ok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.