Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with no drive shaft in the rear, should'nt I be able to drive using just the front wheels?

·
Administrator
12,630 Posts
4hi, and keep in mind starting on steep grades may not be fun. Also keep an eye on the t-case fluid level

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rear drive shaft was torn off while being towed, and is missing. See previous post.
Ok the jeep won"t move in 4/W drive. (no rear drive shaft).
What should I check for next?
Also the slip yoke housing is craked.
This jeep has a 4 inch lift kit installed, and I don't think the rear drive shaft was extended when the kit was installed, because when its measured now for a new drive shaft its 3 inches too short.

·
Administrator
12,630 Posts
Sounds like the t-case is broken.

·
Registered
90 Posts
4Jeepn said:
Sounds like the t-case is broken.
Yeah. Anything that will tear a drive shaft like that probably screwed up the t-case as well. How was it being towed?

I dropped a rear shaft once on my CJ-7 from the rear diff. Once I removed it all the way, I tossed it into 4 wheel and drove home no problem.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This wrangler is new to me. When I put it into 4h or 2h drive is there suposed to be a light in the dash indicating this?
Does the 4h or 2h drive automaticly or electronicly engage the front wheels?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Unfortunately, this is one of the issues of buying a jeep that has already been lifted. You never know what you're going to get.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
If the linkage is hooked up to your T-case shifter, and all is good in that department, and it still won't move, chances are your transfer case is messed up as well. That is very common when shucking the driveshaft at highway speed. I would check the transmission while your at it. The vibrations can go all the way into your transmission, causing damage throughout.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts