Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I hopped in my jeep so I could move it to make room for my wife's car. 2007 4 door wrangler unlimited x. Just bought it a few weeks ago with 82000 miles on it and I love it. Long story short I decide why use the road to get out of the way when I can throw it in 4x4 and drie right up in my front lawn?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry stupid app won't let me see what I am writing. Anyway it slips into 4x4 high no problem but when I turn the wheel to make a sharp turn (barley any speed here attempting to climb up the bank) the wheels seem to lock up almost. So I straighten them out and see if it will go forward. Goes forward and I gain speed 35 mph no problem. Go to make a k turn same issue forward or reverse tires seem to not want to move I don't hear any grinding or anything like that it just don't want to go. Any ideas? I know I am due for a transmission flush and both front and rear crank case could use a flush new fluids and gaskets. Is this all I need or am I looking at a bigger problem? Snow season is coming and I need that 4x4 working!! Any help is much appreciated!!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
not sure if this is the problem you're having, but 4 wheel drive is not designed for sharp turns. the wheels cannot turn at different rates so you get binding and can cause damage if you have too much traction. only use 4wd if you're on loose terrain.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Maybe the previous owner installed a locker or LSD in your front end. Luchbox lockers are common and fairly easy to install on Dana30 axles.
Pull your diff cover and have a look, maybe you got lucky.Could be a Detroit Eaton TrueTrac stuffed in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts