Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
driving to work this morning in the snow 4 wd engaged it felt a little funny. after work the roads had been cleared a little, but i still had the 4 wd engaged. everytime i would come to a clear patch, i would hear a growling coming from what seems to be the passenger front. soon as i hit the snow again the sound goes away and drives a little smoother. altogether in 4wd it seems to be acting a little squirrely. when i took it out of 4wd at highway speed it took a little time for it to disengage, and when it did it felt like i ran over a curb. 2wd seems to be running fine. any thoughts?

·
Registered
38 Posts
4x4 issue

its normal to have that sound on pavement, but it could be acting flakey because you have a vacuum leak some where, what happens with the yj a vacuum sucking engages a little ring to connect both the front drive wheels together to create the 4x4 and whats happening with it disconnecting is you have a leak so somewhere its not sucking the other way when you disengage it causing it to most likely catch and not disengaging till it lines up perfectly a few times. its hard to explain but its happen to me before, i permanently locked the two together but the 4x4 doesn't activate until i put it into 4H or 4L ( just like a Cherokee or TJ )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts