Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read everything on here and then some. I just installed a 4200NEX and a GINO backup camera with a Maestro RR, but it is not quite working right.

I get video right away on start up, but not when I put the JK in reverse. Also, I have to hold the Mute button for a few seconds to get to the menu.

My wiring is as follows:

Red (not thin one on the video cable) --> head unit/maestro rr red wire (behind dash).

Black ground, --> head unit/maestro rr black ground wire.

Yellow to Brown backup camera on the back.

I have double checked that the wiring is correct on the maestro rr with the purple backup wire.

Why does the 4200NEX stay in video? Anyone had this issue?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Did you make sure in settings the camera is set for back up. I thought I had to do that for mine since there are two camera inputs. It's been awhile though since I've done mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YEs, the camera mode is on, and I see the camera on startup, but it does not exit camera mode and it does not work in reverse.

·
Registered
82 Posts
On my 8200 camera mode is for full time camera on like when wanting to watch a trailer you are towing. You press the close button "X" at the top right of the camera view to exit that mode. If you do not close the camera mode using that button then any other screens on the stereo will only come up for 10-15 seconds before the camera comes back on.

Try closing the camera mode and then put the jeep in reverse to see if it works. I have the automatic transmission and wired the backup wire to the stereo to the Maestro and did not try to use backup lights for any wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts