Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm not conventional. I am installing a 42rh and it's 242 transfer into my 93 YJ frame. The tranny and the transfer came from a 94 ZJ. I've raised the skid plate on the YJ back up to the frame, modified the plate for the clocking of the transfer and installed a SYE. Both Jeeps came with a 4.0.

I've bought a kit to run the overdrive and the lockup converter. The YJ originally had a standard. My kit has a 3 wire plug to attach to the solenoid plug on the left side of the transmission.

Problem is, the plug on my transmission is a 8 pin plug. Anybody know how to solve this or know which wires go to the solenoid. If some transmissions have a 3 pin plug, can I swap it out? I have been unable to decipher the wiring diagrams I have or find something showing that plug.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Numbers stamped on the case have a part number I am trying to research. The service manual says that a 42rh was installed on 94 ZJ with a 4.0. It has a mechanical kick down cable. It was my understanding that 42re's had the kickdown controlled by the computer.

My thought was that perhaps they used a 8 pin plug so they could plug in both transmissions 46re's were installed behing a 5.2

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts