Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a really good deal on a 430 for my wrangler however the loading screen is from Chrysler and that’s the prior car it was in. Is there a flash or the dealer can do it get to say jeep? Not a huge deal but it just looks weird lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
The radio is tied to the ECU. It should change your splash screen to Jeep over time. At least that's been the experience of other JK owners who installed a non-Jeep factory radio.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I called uconnect and they said there is no way to update the initial loading screen but given how good of a deal I got on the radio I will just leave it be! Thanks!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
some people allegedly are able to update the software on it, not sure

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Thanks guys, I called uconnect and they said there is no way to update the initial loading screen ...
Yes you can. Its called "wallpaper" and see the links I mentioned above.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
The initial splash screen and the default background aren't wallpapers.. As such, you can't change them by installing wallpaper. See images of these screens below. (Note they are from a newer radio with a slightly different color scheme).

You can upgrade the software. Software Update for Uconnect® - Check For Updates But.. You need the VIN of the vehicle the radio was initially installed in.

This is the power-on screen:

This is the default no-wallpaper screen:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The initial splash screen and the default background aren't wallpapers.. As such, you can't change them by installing wallpaper. See images of these screens below. (Note they are from a newer radio with a slightly different color scheme).

You can upgrade the software. Software Update for Uconnect - Check For Updates But.. You need the VIN of the vehicle the radio was initially installed in.

View attachment 4441824

View attachment 4441821
This is exactly what I needed! Thank you!!!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe that both pictures posted by the OP are of the wallpapers.
Hey sorry I meant the splash screen and background other than the wallpaper. What do you think? I see it’s supposed to auto update to say “Jeep”

1 - 10 of 10 Posts