6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can somebody help me

i bought a 430 RB2 radio for my jeep jk 2010
replace my REQ to RB2
but when i plugged it on the RB2 doesn't work

nothing happen the RB2 was not on

P05091105AB

RB2 cannot use on jk wrangler 2010 or what?

help me

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What did the RB2 come out of? It will need to be a high speed bus unit. Different vehicles have a low speed bus. and the two bus types are not compatible.

Bob K.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went thru this last month, I though I was buying from a radio from new jeep wrangler but it was out of a Patriot. Same radio but different bus..Bought another from a wrangler and all is well now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum. What did the RB2 come out of? It will need to be a high speed bus unit. Different vehicles have a low speed bus. and the two bus types are not compatible.

Bob K.
the seller said it comes from rubicon
i thought this RB2 is high speed bus and plug n play with the jeep will work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went thru this last month, I though I was buying from a radio from new jeep wrangler but it was out of a Patriot. Same radio but different bus..Bought another from a wrangler and all is well now.
when the rb2 comes from patriot will not work on jk?
all patriot unit is low speed bus?

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
In the JK, they changed the CAN message identifiers around the 2010 or 2011 timeframe (I think 2011). So if the radio you bought came out of a 2011 or newer, chances are that's the issue.

The bus speed has always been "high-speed" in the JK, but the data the radios talk is different with that model year change.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the JK, they changed the CAN message identifiers around the 2010 or 2011 timeframe (I think 2011). So if the radio you bought came out of a 2011 or newer, chances are that's the issue.

The bus speed has always been "high-speed" in the JK, but the data the radios talk is different with that model year change.
yaa thats true the radio came out 2011 but my jeep is 2010 so the radio cannot work on my jeep?

·
Registered
4,136 Posts

Not really any changes on the bus over the years. Anti-theft came into play in late '10. I just put an RHB out of a '14 in the kid's '08. No issues.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Not really any changes on the bus over the years. Anti-theft came into play in late '10. I just put an RHB out of a '14 in the kid's '08. No issues.
Interesting... I had data that said otherwise, but no first-hand experience with the '07-'10 models. Good info.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Copy that. I play with them a little bit. I put and RER out of a '10 in a '14 as well. Steering wheel controls worked, everything worked. The only pain is the security code.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Did some checking, and radio part P05091105AB (which is now 5091333AE) isn't compatible with the Wrangler. Looks like it's mostly used in the Chrysler 200, Jeep Patriot, and Jeep Compass.

I can't tell which bus speed it is, but it's likely a different one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts