Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if I'm the only one that has seen this but if I set the "Random" checkbox for my 430N when listening to the iPod I have noticed that it goes away when the Jeep is turned off and back on again. That's not too bad but here's the rub. Typically when I go into the MENU feature while the iPod is selected the Random and Repeat button are gone. At first I thought that maybe they were disabled when the vehicle was moving but that proved not to be the case. So I began experimenting and here is how you fix it (for those of you that have the problem) first select the media button, cycle through the 3 soft buttons on the top left making sure to press AUX last. Then go back to the iPod screen, press MENU and magically the Random and Repeat buttons are back. I will be taking this problem to the dealership eventually as I suspect it is some kind of software problem that can be reflashed.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have the same problem when using a flash drive. I always have to turn the shuffle back on after I turned the Jeep off.

Another symptom is that when I use the Voice Recognition to turn the "shuffle on" again, the shuffle symbol does not show up on the display but it does shuffle the tracks. If I select "shuffle" from the display menu, however, the shuffle symbol does show up on the display. Curious...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same problem when using a flash drive. I always have to turn the shuffle back on after I turned the Jeep off.

Another symptom is that when I use the Voice Recognition to turn the "shuffle on" again, the shuffle symbol does not show up on the display but it does shuffle the tracks. If I select "shuffle" from the display menu, however, the shuffle symbol does show up on the display. Curious...
My suspicion is that it is some bad software somewhere in the NAV system but of course I have no way of proving that.

Another curious problem that I'm seeing (and I'm sure it is unrelated to this one) are the "Lane Change Signals" the first time I use either side I only get one flash, per side, then after that they work fine.

Curiouser and curiouser said Alice...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts