Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping some of you could do me a favor the next time you are in your Jeep. Turn the sirius channel to 0 and turn the volume up to 16+. Do you get a weird digital/static feedback sound? For mine I get the sound on all channels but it is heard the easiest on channel 0 with no music to cover it up.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I just went out and did it. The only noise of any kind I get almost sounds like a digital scratching and my radio has to be cranked to the max and me have near complete silence to hear it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Yeah that sounds like the sound I am getting but mine is loud enough to hear over every channel. Strangely I didn't get the sound on my 130n and the dealer has already replaced my 430n once and it is still here.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bumping this thread since it is still driving me nuts. Last thing I did to try and fix it was a software update but unfortunately it did not correct the issue.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi! I had the same problem with my 430N, took it to the dealership 2 times, but...It was NOT the 430N, they found the source of that buzzing, it was the speakers in the sound bar. They changed the speakers, but since I was atune to that buzz, now firmly in my head, LOL, they also poly filled the sound bar. Now all is good.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi! I had the same problem with my 430N, took it to the dealership 2 times, but...It was NOT the 430N, they found the source of that buzzing, it was the speakers in the sound bar. They changed the speakers, but since I was atune to that buzz, now firmly in my head, LOL, they also poly filled the sound bar. Now all is good.

Thanks for the reply. I'm curious, did yours only buzz on sirius? Because mine is clear when using am/fm, usb, and an ipod.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'm curious, did yours only buzz on sirius? Because mine is clear when using am/fm, usb, and an ipod.
Nope, they buzzed all the time, but more on the passenger side.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope, they buzzed all the time, but more on the passenger side.

Not sure if this is the same issue then since mine is only on sirius. Might try replacing a speaker myself and see if it helps though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts