Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sirius has the crummy habit of changing the numbers of your favorite ratio stations just because.

However, the 430N in my 2013 JKR is not letting me store the new station numbers. I follow usual procedure: find the new station number, press the preset and hold for several seconds...but nothing!

Does anyone know what's up?

Thanks in advance,

Aldo

·
Super Moderator
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Re. a fix: Yes and No.

The Service Manager at my dealership told me to disconnect the battery for a few mins., reconnect it and try again to see if it fixed; if not, to bring it in.

So I did, and it did resolve the problem...temporarily: I was able to store stations once again. But I just noticed today it is stuck again, so I will be taking it to be fixed under warranty.

I'll bet there's some electronic module fried somewhere. That seems to be culprit for most issues these days.

Aldo

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I know this sounds like a stupid question, and it also seems obvious.

Do you in fact need to change and re-save the channels? It has been my experience that when Sirius updates their channels there no need to fix the channel number on the presets. My presets have always transferred to the new channel. It's almost as though the presets are by channel name, not channel number.

This was true for several vehicles.... '10 Challenger, '10 Ram 1500, '13 Charger, '15 Dart, '15 Challenger, '14 VW, and a portable unit that I have.

Exco

·
Super Moderator
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very good question.

Turns out, when Sirius updates its channels, as it has been doing a lot lately, they automatically update in my Sahara's 730N but, because the presents are frozen at the moment in my Rubicon's 430N, they do not. Hence the annoyance.

Aldo

·
Registered
548 Posts
I noticed some wacky stuff when they change their station numbers at times also.

They take channel 30. Relocate to channel 75. For a time, channel 30 just says 'Sirius' but plays channel 75 (old 30) music. You cannot reprogram that button to 30 (since it forward targets 75).

I changed the entire channel to some unrelated channel, then reprogram it to 75. It cancels the forwarding that is not allowing you to program the channel already programmed.

Could always be something is wrong also, but, this worked for me 2 times when I had this issue.

·
Super Moderator
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The issue we are describing simply doesn't allow to set ANY stations into preset memory, regardless of Sirius changing channels or not.

The functionality of pressing a preset button and holding onto it to set a memory station simply doesn't respond.

As far as I can tell, this issue appears to be afflicting 430N only.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's a 2015.

After weeks of having the problem, I finally got it to work the after posting. I'm not sure if the voodoo I tried helped, but I finally tried storing a different station entirely in the preset slot that had changed, and that station stored just fine. I then stored the station I wanted.

Here's the details if anyone cares: Station 46 was Backspin (gotta have that old school hip hop), and it became some R&B station, moving backspin to 43, but the preset was stuck at 46. Holding the preset at 43 would not overwrite 46 for the preset, but holding the preset at a random station stored that station. This then allowed me to subsequently store 43 in that preset. I can't say for certain if this had any effect, but maybe it thought that Backspin was already stored (because 46 used to be backspin) and storing some random station flushed some cached content so that the unit forgot that the preset used to be Backspin. Maybe it was all coincidence and it just started working that morning and it was irrelevant what I did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts