Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2014 JKUS about 3 weeks ago. Love it.. but having problems with the radio. It has the 430N RHB. No UConnect package. It had working NAV for about 12 days and it stopped working. I get the Garmin Guidance screen every time. Dealer won't return calls or emails, so no help there. Many of the threads in this forum indicate that it is a known problem.

So, I'm asking for my best options. My ultimate goal would be to have Bluetooth, NAV, SAT, and a backup Camera would be a plus. I'm not an audiophile, and spending thousands of dollars for a sound system gives me the hives.

Do I try to fix the 430N? I have not taken it into a Jeep Service Department. Or do I replace it? If there are great options out there, I'd love a suggestion or link. Thanks!

Last... let me apologize to the jeeps I passed during my first week of ownership. I was the chick in the white Sahara who didn't wave back. It finally dawned on me that there is a jeep wave. I've got it now! They should include that in the owner's manual or in the newcomer section of the forum!

·
Registered
10,333 Posts
Dealers don't repair these. They simply replace it with a rebuilt/reconditioned used one. Its pretty easy to take out the radio so if this is what you want, you should be able to do it yourself.

2014 Wranglers don't have membership to Jeep Wave. 2015 Wranglers can buy in. 2016+ membership is free/included.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Like Walt says, the dealerships tend to just swap out radios (and many other parts) that appear to be defective. There are many options out there that can give you Nav, Bluetooth, and a back up camera.

You're cheapest option may be to look into a portable GPS and then pick up a decent, yet not high dollar head unit to handle your camera, blue tooth, SAT radio and other music desires. Most head units will require a separate satellite receiver to receive SIRIUS/ XM.

What the best radio brand is, is like asking someone what the best oil brand is, best beer, etc. Everyone has an opinion, and they're all both correct and incorrect, dependent upon your personal biases.

good luck

Exco

Reactions: kietac
1 - 4 of 4 Posts