Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pioneer AVIC-6000nex for my 2014 polar edition with premium factory alpine system. My wife has a 2014 sport unlimited with 130n that will get replaced with 430n.
I have a few questions about the swap.
1. Can I remove the Bluetooth module, harness, & gps antenna from my polar & use in her sport?
2. Buy mopar uconnect mic?
Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM RER Uconnect Microphone Kit by Mopar 82211743AB | eBay
3. Replace her steering wheel buttons to have vr & phone?
12 14 Jeep Wrangler Uconnect Phone Steering Wheel Control Switch New Mopar | eBay

I know I will have to have it flashed at dealer to get everything to work.
Do I need to get the 430n PIN number from the dealer for the radio before I remove from my jeep or can they do it after I install and the flash to get everything to work?
Biggest worry is if I can get #3 working.
Also anything else I am missing?

Thanks for the info.

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
1) yes you can remove the module,, it's behind the HVAC control head.

2) This mic won't work with your system, it's for the 730N radio.

3) Yes you can add the SWC plate.

4) As for the removal of the factory harness, it can be done, there is a sort cable attached to the factory IP harness, it can be a bit of a job. Doing it this way will cause you to have to get the factory mic due to the connector being different than the MOPAR mic. Problem is that the factory mic would now have to be cut into the "A" pillar trim (Or just swap the trim panel from vehicle to vehicle if the color is the same). The factory mic is about $95.

I bought a pioneer AVIC-6000nex for my 2014 polar edition with premium factory alpine system. My wife has a 2014 sport unlimited with 130n that will get replaced with 430n.
I have a few questions about the swap.
1. Can I remove the Bluetooth module, harness, & gps antenna from my polar & use in her sport?
2. Buy mopar uconnect mic?
Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM RER Uconnect Microphone Kit by Mopar 82211743AB | eBay
3. Replace her steering wheel buttons to have vr & phone?
12 14 Jeep Wrangler Uconnect Phone Steering Wheel Control Switch New Mopar | eBay

I know I will have to have it flashed at dealer to get everything to work.
Do I need to get the 430n PIN number from the dealer for the radio before I remove from my jeep or can they do it after I install and the flash to get everything to work?
Biggest worry is if I can get #3 working.
Also anything else I am missing?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I remove the Bluetooth module, wiring harness & mic to put in my wife's sport will my uconnect buttons on steering wheel still work on the pioneer Avic-6000nex?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After pulling everything apart I'm not going to remove Bluetooth out of my polar edition. Couple more questions.
1. Will I have to buy a gps antenna for the sport wrangler if it doesn't have nab but does have Sirius radio?

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
As far as I know, since 2010 the SAT radio ant also contains the Nav ant.

After pulling everything apart I'm not going to remove Bluetooth out of my polar edition. Couple more questions.
1. Will I have to buy a gps antenna for the sport wrangler if it doesn't have nab but does have Sirius radio?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
after seeing the pioneer my wife wants one of them. Sold radio before I even put it up

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 12 sahara that I purchased without Bluetooth and had the regular radio, so my steering wheel buttons r basic.

I now have installed the 730N nav radio that had the Bluetooth integrated, and I installed the mopar mic .

By what has been posted here, I assume I can buy that full steering wheel control that NEohiofan posted a link for and the new buttons will work for the nav?

Thanks guys for the advice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts