Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get the map can't load error. I called garmin and they have a vehicle support group. They said there were no map updates for the 2015 yet, so they could not send me a map.

I went to the dealer. I have to take vacation time or rent a car so they can try to figure out whats wrong. Used to be one day rental covered under warranty. Not to mention, they will just replace the radio since garmin can't fix it. This means ripping the dash out. Simple? yes. I had a 2014 that had broken plastic in the cup holder and seat where they literally ripped. Dash never fit right again. The dealer is on the a whole new set of tech that put your order in. These guys get chewed up pretty quickly. Not looking pretty.

Ugghhh. The hidden cost of Jeeps. At least it's doing better than last year's lemon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's pretty easy to pull the radio out of the dash. Only a handful of screws hold in the panel that covers the radio l doubt that they will mess anything up.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I also just recently received the "no map data" error on my 2014. I looked around to see what happened and posted on this forum and all that I came up with based on the comments is that the hard drive is going bad. I am at 38,000 miles so doubtful on replacement happening. ::cursing:: I did look at the garmin site and they want $150 for map update software but you don't know if this will fix the issue if it is a hardware problem. I am just going to replace the whole unit with Raxiom or something else since I was not blown away by the navigation and functionality anyway.

FYI it is really not that hard to take the dash apart and put it back together without any fit issues. You are lucky if you are under warranty.

I have noticed on occasion that it takes time during start up for the hard drive to display what is playing even though you can hear the music. This makes me think it is definitely a hardware issue.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
@Mountainstate: If you are willing to pull the dash, which is very easy to do, you can easily pull the radio and send it to Navrepair.com to get fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts