Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2262 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased the Navteq map upgrade? I am wondering if this is similar for the Junction Views.

I recently updated my 430N with Garmin City Navigator 2014.10 NT Americas. I also added the large junction view file. I am not sure if this junction view is the same as would be included with the standard map update. It has a TON of junction views now:

It even shows the Toll lanes! :thumb:

Does this appear the same as the Navteq update?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you update your NAV system ,,, did you do it yourself ,, or a dealer /
any info would be helpful
Thanks
I downloaded the Garmin files myself and and loaded them from a thumb drive. This is not the Navteq update. It does have all of the updated roads and new POIs. There are a LOT more junction views. I am wondering how it compares to the update disc from Navteq (Jeep).

Thinking about loading he 2014.40 release...may not be worth it for now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I downloaded the Garmin files myself and and loaded them from a thumb drive. This is not the Navteq update. It does have all of the updated roads and new POIs. There are a LOT more junction views. I am wondering how it compares to the update disc from Navteq (Jeep).

Could you PLEASE explain to us in a bit more detail the steps you made to update the MyGIG 430n to the CN 2014.10? Did you only load the gmapsupp.img file into the USB or...? I'm sure everyone will be very thankful to learn this trick. Thank you. :Thanx:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Not the Navteq

If you downloaded the files from Garmin, they are the Navteq. That is where Garmin gets them. And those Junction Views have been on at least the last 3 or 4 updates to maps. Your unit must have had a really old version.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you downloaded the files from Garmin, they are the Navteq. That is where Garmin gets them. And those Junction Views have been on at least the last 3 or 4 updates to maps. Your unit must have had a really old version.
No, I always had junction views as well. They just added a LOT more. There are several different JCV files you can load, I just picked the largest one. I am working to update it again now. to 2014.20 or 2014.40.

Still trying to update the basemaps so I can get updated terrain.

·
Registered
276 Posts
do you just put the img files on a thumb drive?
also does it copy the new files over? or do you have to keep the thumb drive on there?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you just put the img files on a thumb drive?
also does it copy the new files over? or do you have to keep the thumb drive on there?
Yes, put them on the thumb root like this:

Garmin\gmapprom.img
Garmin\JCV\D3060110A.jcv

Make sure the USB is formatted in FAT32.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Loading Garmin City Navigator 2014.20 NT with newer JCV as we speak. I am loading the "large screen" hi-res junction views this time to see the difference.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Loading Garmin City Navigator 2014.20 NT with newer JCV as we speak. I am loading the "large screen" hi-res junction views this time to see the difference.
Loaded the HiRes version of Junction files and an unreleased version of maps. The HiRes looks 100x better than what I posted above!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I loaded the GMapprom.img file from a thumb drive. System saw it and asked me if I wanted to update? Hit yes, 20 minutes later it asked for a pass code. I don't have one so it failed. May have to bite bullet and buy from Navteq

·
Registered
276 Posts
The type of usb drive matters also, the first few i tried it with didnt work, finally got it to work with a kensington one. I tried to do a base map update but that failed, and i dont think it updated my JCV either, will try again later :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
just a quick q again... redid the update, the white box said pnd updated, but then the garmin box in the background said it failed.. does that mean it really failed?

·
Registered
539 Posts
ya no luck here

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Didn't work out for me either... PLEASE help us out!!! :surrender:
YOu need to generate the code. There is a tool that can do it for you with your radios ID and the map ID. It will generate the key. I dont have my other computer with me, but I think the program was called Checksum or similar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
YOu need to generate the code. There is a tool that can do it for you with your radios ID and the map ID. It will generate the key. I dont have my other computer with me, but I think the program was called Checksum or similar.
I've done some research and apparently it's called "JetMouse". I'm not sure, haven't used it myself.

1 - 20 of 2262 Posts