Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 430N RHB and I'm going to be installing a backup camera. I'll be taking it to the dealer after I get it installed to enable the camera to come on when in reverse.

Are there any features other then the camera that the dealer can open/unlock while I'm having them do the camera ?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I picked up a 430N RHB and I'm going to be installing a backup camera. I'll be taking it to the dealer after I get it installed to enable the camera to come on when in reverse.

Are there any features other then the camera that the dealer can open/unlock while I'm having them do the camera ?
Most of the features that radio offers when installed in other FCA vehicles won't work in a Wrangler regardless of what a dealer does to it (beyond enabling the back-up camera input). However, there are add-on modules available that can enable additional features, like this one and a few others.

https://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG.htm

None of these are without their own bugs, and some are definitely better than others. Lockpick and PAC's units are some of the more reliable of the bunch. There is one trouble-prone brand with terrible factory support that regularly gets spammed by members on the forum (with suspiciously low post count, whose only purpose signing up here is to promote that crap), so I'll suggest avoiding that one and won't mention it by name.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
BTW, with a dealer flash for the 430N to enable backup camera operation, they will be flashing the vehicle, not the radio ;).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts