Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone having an issue with the 430N. I had the dealer replace the original radio, I think it was a 130, with the 430N. And it seems that randomly, the sound just cuts out, and once in a while, the song will just stop playing and the next song will start. A couple of times it was playing a song, and it went silent, the timer was still going, just no sound, and I had to advance it to the next song before it would start playing again. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mines never done it, you should take it to the dealer and tell them exactly what's going on.
Will do, thanks. Since it intermittent, I'm guessing they are going to say that there is nothing wrong with it. So, hopefully it happens when I take it in. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The only issue I've had with mine cutting out was because of a bad iPod cable.

Does it cut out when listening to the radio?

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only issue I've had with mine cutting out was because of a bad iPod cable.

Does it cut out when listening to the radio?
So I purchased a new cable and installed it last night, drove to work this morning, and it is still doing it. So, I guess I am going to have to take it to the dealer. Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to plug it directly into the unit, this has been happening using the remote USB in the center console, so it may be that cable that's bad? I will report back as soon as I try that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I haven't had any sound issues like that with my 430n, although I did have a problem with GPS nav system constantly freezing and resetting the dealership replaced with a new one and so far so good

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't had any sound issues like that with my 430n, although I did have a problem with GPS nav system constantly freezing and resetting the dealership replaced with a new one and so far so good
I haven't used the nav much since I got it, I will need to pay attention to see if it does that. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update

It looks like, even though I have my phone on silent, when I get a text message, my sound on my 430N cuts out because of the notification. I have tried turning ALL notifications off, but for some reason, it still notifies the stereo via Bluetooth... Technology, isn't it awesome!! :lmao:

·
Registered
120 Posts
When I press the voice button and the system starts giving voice options it will unexpectedly stop and then the music will continue playing. I turn off my jeep wait a few minutes then restart and everything is fine, Wednesday chrysler updated the system.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Mine will do this on my iPhone when the music is coming from iCloud instead of from the device. If the cell signal is not good or something and it can't download the rest of the song as it's playing it will either start the song over or skip to the next track that's already downloaded to the device.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts