Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

On the back of the 430N radio, there is a big connector that has about 10 wires on it including direct connections to +12V and Negative. The power is there all the time even when the Jeep is off.

Can someone direct me to a wire color on the back of that connector that has a switched +12V that is on when the Jeep is running and off when it is not. I need a +12V tap for the backup camera project (from hell).

I accidentally assumed the fat yellow wire was switched 12V. Wrong. It's on all the time (and therefore my backup camera as well).

FYI - I tried tapping into the reverse light wires on the back right like the other forum members have tried for the backup camera, but I experienced a lot of "electrical" noise there and therefore could not use this approach. The power is a lot cleaner and the video is cleaner when I take +12V from near the front of the vehicle.

Any help or advice here would be appreciated.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The 12 Volts "cigarette lighter" type jack in the lower part of the dash is powered only with the ignition switch is On. Quadratec sells a harness kit to tap into this 12 Volts without having to cut any wire.

:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I went ahead and did just that....

Reactions: SkyMaster
1 - 3 of 3 Posts