Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Duracell AGM group 48 battery that almost fits in the tray of my 09 Jk. Has anyone installed this size battery in a 2011 or below? If so, what did you need to do so it would fit with the restraints?

From what it appears, the lip for tying down the battery is slightly taller on the 48, so it won't slide into the retainer. I could be looking at it wrong though, as it was the last straw fit the day when I was messing with it.

I don't have to make this work, but would like to put the battery in the Jeep if possible (and safe).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a Duracell AGM group 48 battery that almost fits in the tray of my 09 Jk. Has anyone installed this size battery in a 2011 or below? If so, what did you need to do so it would fit with the restraints?

From what it appears, the lip for tying down the battery is slightly taller on the 48, so it won't slide into the retainer. I could be looking at it wrong though, as it was the last straw fit the day when I was messing with it.

I don't have to make this work, but would like to put the battery in the Jeep if possible (and safe).

FWIW to anyone else. If you crack out the two blocks on either side (passenger and driver) that keep the smaller battery from sliding around the size 48 battery fits great.

The lip on the battery is the same size, it just didn't want to slide in because of the two blocks on the sides.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts