Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got in last night from the run and thought I would post a few pictures. There were about 40 rigs there and about half of them ran the extreme trails and the rest of us the moderates.

It is a very well organized event and everyone seemed to have a great time.

This is our group getting ready to go.

Me coming up one of the climbs (I'm the littlest jeep in the group).

Here is a link to the rest of the pictures.
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e96/kingvm/Deleon%20Mar%202007/?start=all

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very cool. Sometimes it best to be the littlest, that means you conquered the most. :D
Yes, but you know how the stealth factor works. Good 31" mud treads and lockers on both axles makes up for a lot. I surprise the guys with 3-5" lifts, bigger tires, and open axles all the time by idling over things they have trouble with. As long as I can keep the tires on the high spots so the belly doesn't drag I can crawl up pretty tough obstacles.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
very nice :D
.... and I do like Tiny's comment. I find that what my rig lacks in mods.....I most times can make up for with my driving. Keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Looks like fun...

At first I thought it looked alot like the YO Ranch in the Hill Country.

I have never been to this part of Texas...

I even had to Mapquest it to make sure where it was.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Now wait a darn moment here. Is there really something that close to home, to wheel on? Thanks jeeptales, for your mapquest. I had no idea.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now wait a darn moment here. Is there really something that close to home, to wheel on? Thanks jeeptales, for your mapquest. I had no idea.
This is a run put on by a group there on a private ranch. They have 4-5 runs per year and said the next one will be sometime in May.

It is on a ranch that I would say is 2000 acres or so and has a lot of rock. Most of the tougher parts are 200-300 foot runs up the side of a rock canyon that runs thru the property so any one a smaller vehicle wants to skip can be done easily without getting separated from the group.

The moderate groups run trails that need 33's & 1 locker or in my case 31's with both lockers. Open 33's would have a tough time keeping up but on those parts of the trails it is easy to just wait or bypass.

The extreme group draws the bigger rigs with 35" & up tires and all the extras that you need for that.

I will post up on here when they send me the info for the next run.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts