Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody im worried about my yj not being able to do well 4 wheeling i have 33x12.50 and a shakle lift i belive its a 3 or 3 1/2 inch lift i want to put a isuzu little diesal in it just give me ur thoughts on everything

·
Registered
208 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it not being able to do well. I have a 94 with a 4 banger and 5 speed. 2 inch add a leaf and 2 inch shackle lift with 33x12.50 mud terrians. I take that think all over the place. I do some mild to moderate rock crawling and lots of trail riding with the stock engine and stock tranny it has plenty of torque in the low end the only problem is it's slow on the highway. If you wanted to go diesel there are probably better options than the isuzu but that totally depends on you. I am looking down the road (3-5 years) about putting a cummins 4 bt in mine, but whenever you plan on doing an engine swap of anykind expect to empty your pockets. Idk if you are new to fourwheeling or not, but 33x1250s is a good place to start and a rig like that on some mild-moderate trails will be a great place to start learning how to wheel and what you need to improve your rig. This forum will also be a good place to come to find cheap and effect ways to improve your rig. But in the end it all boils down to what you really want your jeep to do, and what you will be happy with. Happy Riding!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah, They get expensive I am building mine from the bottom up. I started a ford 8.8 axle build, and then want to do the ax15 swap instead of the ax 5, then eventually a 4bt, but I will be in $1000 in beefing up my driveline before I even get an engine. And those cummins aren't cheap. Also plan for a swap to "bleed" a lot people don't budget for all the little things that come with a swap like that. you have to figure adapters, fabbing motor mounts, all the little stuff like meshing the wiring harness, radiator, intercooler, possibly replacing fuel lines. Any big swap can really add up with all the nickel and dime stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts