Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a 90 YJ with a 4.2. The frame is pretty well rotted. I know there are frame pieces you can buy but I found a frame on Craigslist for $200 that they claim is in perfect shape. The only problem is that it is for a 4cyl. I've read that the only difference is the placement of the engine mounts. Is this true or am I gonna run into a world of problems? Most people tell me to get rid of it but like most of you, I love my jeep. I know this isn't gonna be an easy task but is it worth swapping out a frame. Any insight or tips on what to expect will be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all who reply.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Body mount bolts are probably the biggest pain because most of the time you can not get them out and need to do surgery on the body the get the old ones out and replacement nuts installed.

That being said it is very well worth it. I had mine down to the bare frame - replaced 3 corners and the cross member by the tank and while it is OK a good frame for $200 would have been a lot better deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts