Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2door wrangler jk and i would lik to do a 4 inch lift, my local dealer says the 4 inch lift kit from skyjacker is good for me.
My question to you guys is if this is a good kit to use or are there other suggestions.

Thanks for the response! :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Not sure exactly what that kit includes but Have you taken into account...
-drive shaft(s)
-control arms, at the very least lower
-sway bar links
-exhaust spacer/custom exhaust
-track bar(s)
-brake lines

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but 4" requires a lot more work to get it right

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I'm sure others with more knowledge will help, if you give more info.
What's your end plan? What type of driving? What tire size?
4" is very high for a 2 dr.

Reactions: Kevin V

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Skyjacker uses a lot of funky brackets/braces with most of their kits. I think I'd avoid that brand.

Rancho just came out with a new 4 inch lift that is very complete. I'd give that a look.

Reactions: Kevin V and Rancho

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
I would not recommend 4 inches on a two door at all, nor a Skyjacker lift. Unless you have aftermarket axles and are running 40 inch tires. In which case I would find a way better 4 inch lift than Skyjacker.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
I bought my JKU used several years ago and the previous owner had a 4" Skyjacker lift on it. It used the track bar braces and stock control arms. It drove terrible. It was all over the road especially on back roads that were bumpy etc. I can only imagine how a 2 door would handle since it would sit higher than my 4 door did with that lift.

I replaced it with a Rock Krawler 3.5" lift that has adjustable control arms which completely changed that way the jeep handles on the road for the better. I would suggest reading up on all of the lift threads found on this forum and decide what height lift and what brand of lift would work best for your needs. Just my experience with a similar lift.

Reactions: Kevin V and Rancho

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the response! I live in Belgium so its not easy to get the right brands!
I have 33's MT now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
4" lift on a 2dr JK

I work for a FCA dealership and just spoke to a technician this morning about this because I am also looking into a lift for my two door. He informed me that because of the short wheel base of a 2 door a four inch lift makes street driving difficult and the rig is more likely to tip over. He suggested a 2" lift with 35s. Our parts department sells MOPAR lifts for $1389 plus tax for the 2", which seems really expensive so I'm looking into other options myself. I'd like to know what brand you decide on and why.

Layne

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'll echo the rest of the posts^^ No real need for a 4" lift on a JK unless you are planning on Swampers, and it creates so many more issues compared to a 2-3" lift.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
I work for a FCA dealership and just spoke to a technician this morning about this because I am also looking into a lift for my two door. He informed me that because of the short wheel base of a 2 door a four inch lift makes street driving difficult and the rig is more likely to tip over. He suggested a 2" lift with 35s. Our parts department sells MOPAR lifts for $1389 plus tax for the 2", which seems really expensive so I'm looking into other options myself. I'd like to know what brand you decide on and why.

Layne
Too expensive... We're buying the 2" Mopar kit for $910 plus $7 shipping... But the good 2.5's are all about $1000, JKS, AEV, Teraflex, Metalcloak, etc.

Don't go cheap on the heart and soul of a Jeep, it's all about the suspension.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@MrToad2012

I have contacted another garage in The Uk and they said the same, now they recommend a 2,5 inch lift kit with Fox parts in it, it looks very good I think because Fox is a well known company and the same kit sits on their demonstration JK and they did a roadtrip to france and had no complaints! Will set more information here when I have more information about costs etc.

Thanks to everyone for the response, European forums aren't like these!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts