Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to put a 4inch Zone lift on my LJ. I'm going to run 35" tires. I am thinking about putting a 1 inch body lift on it just for some extra clearance. Is there anyone with this set up out there? Also if I do the 1 inch body lift should I do a 1 inch motor mount lift as well? Any problems with this set up?

Thanks!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am about to put a 4inch Zone lift on my LJ. I'm going to run 35" tires. I am thinking about putting a 1 inch body lift on it just for some extra clearance. Is there anyone with this set up out there? Also if I do the 1 inch body lift should I do a 1 inch motor mount lift as well? Any problems with this set up?

Thanks!
I run the Zone 4" with Bilsteins and flat fenders on 35s sans BL and I don't have any issues. if you did the BL you should do a MML.

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
If I had an LJ looking to run 35's, I would do what you are doing as I like Zone's shocks, springs, BL and MML. But personally I wouldn't be installing the Zone Control arms in the kit...I would be installing Currie's adjustables. The poly control arm bushings in budget kits just don't last long (few years?) and they are hard on the control arm mounts.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Yes. Do the 1" MML if your doing the 1" BL. It keeps your fan inline with the radiator and fan shroud. Plus that puts you one step closer to doing a tummy tuck...

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
If I had an LJ looking to run 35's, I would do what you are doing as I like Zone's shocks, springs, BL and MML. But personally I wouldn't be installing the Zone Control arms in the kit...I would be installing Currie's adjustables. The poly control arm bushings in budget kits just don't last long (few years?) and they are hard on the control arm mounts.
Great advice...The fixed lower control arms that come with inexpensive lifts are junk in general because the only place they can flex as the suspension moves is in the bushings themselves. Best case scenario they eat bushings fast, worse case, if used off road on more hardcore trails, they can rip the ca mounts off your frame and/or axles. Do yourself a favor and get some adjustables with johnny joints or duroflex joints (Metalcloak).

I run 6" lift and 35 tires, no BL. Not a fan of BL. Get the zone lift and then throw some pucks on it and you shouldnt need the BL.
Completely disagree....pucks on 4" lifted springs do nothing but introduce the possibility of coil bind and can leave you with a terrible ride. I would much rather have a 1" body lift (in fact I do). It is barely noticeable, opens the door for a tummy tuck, and a higher gas tank skid, and when combined with a mml, gives you an extra 1" of clearance under the oil pan.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Great advice...The fixed lower control arms that come with inexpensive lifts are junk in general because the only place they can flex as the suspension moves is in the bushings themselves. Best case scenario they eat bushings fast, worse case, if used off road on more hardcore trails, they can rip the ca mounts off your frame and/or axles. Do yourself a favor and get some adjustables with johnny joints or duroflex joints (Metalcloak).

Completely disagree....pucks on 4" lifted springs do nothing but introduce the possibility of coil bind and can leave you with a terrible ride. I would much rather have a 1" body lift (in fact I do). It is barely noticeable, opens the door for a tummy tuck, and a higher gas tank skid, and when combined with a mml, gives you an extra 1" of clearance under the oil pan.
I run a tummy tuck, flat skid tire to tire no bl. Pucks have no effect on ride, its the same spring regardless of whats above or below it. (within reason, changing sprung to unsprung weight ratios is a different conversation) Now does it increase the center of gravity slightly compared to a BL, sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.