Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing an LS swap and putting in a 4l60e, using an output shaft from Novak to mate to my 231 (04 TJ). Since the output shaft requires basically the whole tranny to be disassembled, I'd think it would be good just to rebuild the tranny. So far, 4 quotes, $500, $1,200, $1,500, and $1,350. Anyone have experience on this they can lend on cost and what shops to avoid?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm just going to go with the $500 guy, he's actually very knowledgeable. I'd delete this thread but can't figure out how.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Make sure to have him upgrade the sun shell. The upgraded Beast Sun shell is only $60.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Make sure to have him upgrade the sun shell. The upgraded Beast Sun shell is only $60.
Great point, he mentioned this along with an 8 clutch kit and something else, called it a stage 2 kit, added $200 so total rebuild is $700 done in a few days. He did say the 4L60E sucks and he said it will blow up on the lifted jeep, he said the 4.56 gears will help but overall he is not a fan of the 4l60. He said I could use a 4l80, Novak said it was too long but he disagreed.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Well don't tell that to the original 4l60 in my 98 z71 w 170k miles on it... been towing heavier than it should for 20 years.... even towed my 39' 3 axle fifth wheel rv through tn ky and in when my diesel dually broke down...

Keep it cool and it'll last a long time...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts