Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
93 yj wrangler 4cyl 5speed. when i first test drove it everything worked fine. after a trip home from georgia there didnt seem to be any problems. well me and a buddy were messing around in his back yard and 2wd wasnt doing it. so i put it in 4lo to get up a muddy hill. the 4wd indicator light came on but when i let the clutch out all i heard was a grinding from the transfer case. so i put it in 4hi and got up the hill. now the indicator light doesnt even come on when i try to put it in lo. im pretty sure im gonna need a new transfer case and found one on clist for 150$ with 95k miles. am i jumping the gun in replacing the tcase? could it be something else? im brand new to jeeps so any help is greatly appriciated. thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
It may need linkage adjusted. Set screw on driver side of t-case holds rod connected to shift lever. If not set properly, you can't pull shift lever far enough back to engage 4LO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts