Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there gang, it is time again to start planning the next Meet and Greet. The last couple of years we have gone to Anza Borrego in late March and had a blast. Generally, we arrive Friday afternoon and hangout, chat and get settled in. Saturday is the big wheeling day, Saturday night typically has been working out great as a pot luck dinner and sitting around the fire discussing the days events. And Sunday is set aside for a short run if time/interest is there.

So lets hear it everyone. What kind of interest do we have? What weekends work best for ya? If anyone has any suggestions for other destinations, feel free to let me know.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/2009-so-cal-wf-meet-and-greet-run-march-27-29-a-25124.html

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/2n...t-and-greet-run-march-26-28-2010-a-39697.html

Jeff

·
I do my own stunts.
3,012 Posts
Sounds like fun. If we're looking at the last weekend in March, that works for me, as well as probably any of the weekends in March. I'd be down for any of those trails in Anza Borrego.

·
Registered
957 Posts
count me in! i know there is no date yet but looks like the weekend of the 13th i may have other plans.

i don't know much about anza borrego but i would like to see the wind tunnels

sounds like fun

·
Registered
374 Posts
You will see me there! As far as right now I have nothing planned that far ahead in time.

·
I do my own stunts.
3,012 Posts

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have not gone to the wind tunnels. Sounds interesting. I will look for info on that. I have been to the mud caves, they are pretty cool and fun to walk through. Keep the suggestions coming.

Jeff

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hey guys ive been watching the thread and if you guys think Anza would be ok for a stock rig. I would love to meet some of you and I think sometime in march would prob work for me.

·
JEEPER
915 Posts
ill be there whenever it is. iv been wanting to go to anza borrego and do the squeez and heartattack hill really bad. cant wait to meet some of the people from WF. :punk:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi all....we are in. We have spent a lot of time in AB, and not only will the wheeling be great, so will the weather and wildflowers. H2R...you should be ok, because of many options for go arounds if needed. Once the trip is planned, we should have more info on trail specifics.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I will be watching this thread as the time goes on. I love Anza Borrego and have gone there for the last 40 years or so. I will be there assuming all things go as planned.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys ive been watching the thread and if you guys think Anza would be ok for a stock rig. I would love to meet some of you and I think sometime in march would prob work for me.
My first trip thru AB was with a stock 93 YJ with 31s as the only upgrade. Till then, I had not done much more than trail driving and a couple of mud puddles. You should be fine. You may need a tug in a place or two, but that is fine. With the right spotter and a light foot you should be fine.

Of course I do ask that your Jeep has a couple of basic items. Such as recovery points front and rear, CB Radio, fire extinguisher, a spare tire with decent tread, first aid kit etc. Basically the things you should be bringing on any type of off-road excursion.

If anyone has any questions or concearns, feel free to post up or PM me. This is looking like a great start to meeting new members.

Jeff

·
Registered
602 Posts
I will also keep an eye on this thread. I will definitely have my new suspension and tires by then so I will be good to go!!!!

Need some girl wheelers.... Don't let me be the only one!!! Lol

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I will also keep an eye on this thread. I will definitely have my new suspension and tires by then so I will be good to go!!!!

Need some girl wheelers.... Don't let me be the only one!!! Lol
Some of us may be lucky enough to drag our wives along. ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
new to the forum... HI :wavey: but Im in, and I should have no problem getting my crew together, atleast my top 3 jeepaholics.

Some of us may be lucky enough to drag our wives along. ;)
tochei! I get dirty looks for even thinking about the jeep, let alone try and get her to come along on a trail. lets hope she works that weekend so I can leave the squak box at home...:punk:

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sweet, getting bigger and bigger real fast. And women Jeepers are welcome and encouraged. We need someone to cook the food at camp... J/K, don't kill me. My wife will be along so you wont be the only woman. Would love to get a couple of women that want to wheel also.

So, I need to start planning things now. What is the popular choice for camping? Do we need flush toilets and showers with spigots and power supplies? Or will vault toilets be OK and bring our own water? I am fine with roughing it in primative campgrounds as long as we can enjoy a nice fire at night.

From past times at Anza, the really nice campsites with water/showers/flush toiltes etc, they had a lights out be quiet policy set for 10:00 pm. That did not settle to well with many members of the group as they wished to enjoy the cool evening with new freinds and chat into the wee hours. The sites that are more primative, are cheap or free on a first come first serve basis and we can be up and rowdy as late as we desire.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 345 Posts