Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2000 TJ about 2 weeks ago, and have taken it off road 2 times. When I go to put it back to 2wd, the lever has no tension and just moves back and forth. Come to find out the linkage pops out when in 4lo.
Does anyone else have this problem? I was able to get it back in pretty easily, but it sucks that it happens?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Make sure you tighten the little screw/bolt that connects the shifter lever to the transfer case. If its loose, it will slip and get stuck like you say. I will look for a picture.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Here it is. Thanks to Jerry for the photo. Make sure your shifter is properly adjusted and make sure this bolt is nice and tight. If it doesnt

Fuel line Auto part Pipe Engine

help let us know :wavey:

·
Registered
124 Posts
my 97 pops out of 4 low is not going all the way in..

mine is an automatic.. seems to be hitting the rear of the opening for the shift lever of the transfer case.
is there an adjustment to keep it from hitting the rear of the slot it operates within that is part of the console.
dk

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Yep thats what im talking about :) the 4wd lever has this bolt that slips and can cause misalignment where you are unable to properly shift into 4wd or 2wd or it can completly slip and not allow you to change anything. Both manual and automatics have this system

1 - 7 of 7 Posts