Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

My 4wd shift lever seems to have come out alignment and feels "mushy". I should be able to pull it straight back from 2wh to 4hi and i can't, I have to push to the right slightly and then pull back. In addition, the shift lever used to go all the way forward and now it sits back about an inch and a half (pretty close to where it engages in 4h.). When I try and push it forward it feels "mushy". I picked my Jeep up from a regear, JE Reel 1350 front driveshaft, Synergy ball joint, Teraflex diff covers and alignment install yesterday when I noticed it. I don't know for sure but I don't think it was like that when I brought it to the shop. I asked the guy about it when I picked it up and he said nothing they did should have affected it and I agree. This is not a fly by night gear guy either, I had it done at a place I'm sure all of you have heard of but I don't want to say their name and make them look bad because I don't know if they did it.

I recently put a Rock Krawler 2.5 X Factor lift,Teraflex exhaust spacers (going to remove the spacers since I got the driveshaft) and 35s on and I don't remember the shift lever being like that after I installed these things but I'm not 100% sure. Sorry for all the details but I just wanted you to know what has been done recently in case one of these things affected it. Any suggestions??
Thanks

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Can you crawl under the jeep and have someone move the shift lever in a full range of motion back and forth while you look for any possible linkage problems, engine off of course.
Maybe a shaft got bent somehow, maybe the plastic retaining clip is getting screwy and ready to let go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.