Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to change the vacuum switch on the transfer case on a 92 with a 2.5 any help would be greatly appreciated it looks like its kinda hard to get at

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
It would be fairly easy to do if you could put it on a lift. Remove the vacume line connector, put a deep socket of the correct size on it amd remove it, then reverse to replace. Just make sure you clean the area well so you don't get any dirt or debris into the T case.

Now I have to ask why? Are you not getting the front alxe to lock?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just replaced the one on the axle but only have vacuum on one side so i turned the connector around to disengage. The lines look good so the switch was the next thing and @ 10.00 bucks i thought why not

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Btw i have no way of getting it in the air so im working with a jack and stands thanx for tje reply i suppose i could use it the way it is but... i prefer it to work right lol

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
OK if it is working then I understand. Yea jack stands are a way of life sometimes huh.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Your Jeep is only 4 years newer than mine but it would not be uncommon for the lines to fail. Check out the top of the YJ forum in the stickey posts for a lot of info on how to bypass the vacume system, you can do it a lot of different ways.

Me, I put the posi lock system on mine and it works great, but I had to do something like that since my vacume lines went up in smoke! Long story!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine appear to be fine i drive it daily so i thought id keep her stock for now. Thanx for the input much obliged

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
No problem, I drive mine daily as well, I love this little Jeep o'mine! BTW the posi lock replaces the entire vacume system with a cable system is all, your Jeep will actually be a little better off.

You pull a cable and put the T case in 4WD and your set.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah i kinda wish ivhad gone that way but i already bought the actuator for the axle and it works fine so i just thought id keep it stock for now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts