Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my lift threw 4wheelparts and they are having a sale so if you are looking to get some stuff might want to check them out! No need to reply just giving everyone a heads up!

·
Registered
283 Posts
old thread, but i'm one that will never shop with 4wp again. I chose to go down to one of the local stores. Admittedly, didnt know what exactly I was looking for and needed some advice. I picked out an HD steering stabilizer from Skyjacker that I wanted online, but when I got there they said they don't carry them and I should use a pro-comp es2000. Mind you he had no interest in asking me about any mods to my jeep or anything like that. I very much felt like I was an inconvenience to them for buying a 40 dollar part. I purposely wanted to test the knowledge of the sale staff regarding Jeeps, so I asked them about an upgraded trackbar bolt kit due to the track bar issues that cause DW. They, 2 of them, shook their head and said they've never heard of Death Wobble or track bar issues with JK/U's.. LOL..

But.. little does he know it was a patch until I spend about 3500 on tires and a lift. That 3500 will be going to Oly4x4 now, never will I order or walk into another 4wp. They are turning into Autozone.

so.. went to spend 100 bucks, they convinced me to spend 40 on a inferior product then what i was after, and dont know shit about jeeps.. hmm.. recipe for disaster. If they werent so corporate sponsored they'd be out of business IMO.

oh and the es2000 is a POS, paint flaking off after 10 mins, etc.

The lighter side of this, is I drove over to Oly4x4 and they treat you like one of the fellas. I bought some shocks from the owners JK8 Rubicon conversion and left with a smile.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts

1. You are an inconvenience to them unless you throw your credit card at them immediately after entering the store and want to spend $5k minimum on lift and tires for an F-whatever SuperDooty.

2. Don't expect a large retailer to get excited about you spending $40 with them.

3. Are you going to dig up every 4WP thread/post and paste this?

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
I ordered from them today. The teraflex antenna mount. The guy called me back just to tell me the part was going to have to ship from a different location and would take a few extra days to get. I am happy with that kind of service. I guess it depends on what store you are at.

·
Registered
283 Posts
1. You are an inconvenience to them unless you throw your credit card at them immediately after entering the store and want to spend $5k minimum on lift and tires for an F-whatever SuperDooty.

2. Don't expect a large retailer to get excited about you spending $40 with them.

3. Are you going to dig up every 4WP thread/post and paste this?
missed the point... I tried to spend more, they convince me not to in order to sell me what they had.

sorry this bothers you so much, but I do remember reading somewhere in the forum guidelines where you are not obligated to read or respond to any of it.. :hide:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I ordered from them today. The teraflex antenna mount. The guy called me back just to tell me the part was going to have to ship from a different location and would take a few extra days to get. I am happy with that kind of service. I guess it depends on what store you are at.
I agree, and I should have been more specific. I was at Lynnwood, WA store. It would be idiotic of me to think those 2 are the spokespeople for the whole company. Sorry... I was kind of ranting...

·
Registered
166 Posts
i was treated very well by a 4wp in orlando, they went out of there way to help me and even gave me a great deal on a part because of a little mix up (there fault but w/e) not only did they fix there mistake but went above and beyond, now i go out of my way to order parts from them

and when i say order from them i mean call them on the phone and ask the orlando store to ship the part to my house not just order online

it all depends on the location and the management

·
Registered
283 Posts
You are not obligated to dig up old threads to cut and paste the same petty rant.
not obligated at all.. but can if I choose, hence the beauty of a public forum.

i wont bother to cut and paste from the other thread, since that seems to bother you so much.

·
Registered
283 Posts
They are the Walmart of parts industry... Without the good prices and 300 lb fat people shopping in their Jammie's
:rofl:

thanks good to know... I'm kind of new to the jeep thing, and am just learning about this stuff. Not new to off road or woods (off road 2 wheel implements most of my 40 years on this earth), just specifically jeep. I'm coming from a H2 and a FJCruiser. Hummer was a kid hauler so no reason at all to shop for off road accessories, and FJCruiser was toast before I even had a chance to do anything to it.

Enjoying the jeep at this point, and glad there are others that are willing to help out with quality info a long the way..:thumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
:rofl:

thanks good to know... I'm kind of new to the jeep thing, and am just learning about this stuff. Not new to off road or woods (off road 2 wheel implements most of my 40 years on this earth), just specifically jeep. I'm coming from a H2 and a FJCruiser. Hummer was a kid hauler so no reason at all to shop for off road accessories, and FJCruiser was toast before I even had a chance to do anything to it.

Enjoying the jeep at this point, and glad there are others that are willing to help out with quality info a long the way..:thumb:
Ah a convert! Lol. Glad you came over to the good side ;)
In all seriousness though, the guys here are great and we've got some awesome vendor sponsors.
Guys like David @ Northridge 4x4 and Jeremy @ Rock Krawler and just a few. Quadratec also is great and will usually waive shipping if you tell them your a forum member.
So what happened to the FJ? You mentioned it was toast.
I do love me the old FJ40's and 45's

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ah a convert! Lol. Glad you came over to the good side ;)
In all seriousness though, the guys here are great and we've got some awesome vendor sponsors.
Guys like David @ Northridge 4x4 and Jeremy @ Rock Krawler and just a few. Quadratec also is great and will usually waive shipping if you tell them your a forum member.
So what happened to the FJ? You mentioned it was toast.
I do love me the old FJ40's and 45's
I actually really really loved the FJ, but... I had a bum one. Inner fenders on 07's tend to crumple in the crumple zone when offroad, and the throw out bearings are a permanent issue, due to a bunch of bellhousings not machined correctly.. I was going to go get another one, but kids hated it. The suicide doors on the fj sucked for people to get into.

And well the hummer was awesome, but... I seriously got tired of people thinking I was a millionaire, or wanting to look at it. I'm a low key guy.. and the H2 had to go. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I actually really really loved the FJ, but... I had a bum one. Inner fenders on 07's tend to crumple in the crumple zone when offroad, and the throw out bearings are a permanent issue, due to a bunch of bellhousings not machined correctly.. I was going to go get another one, but kids hated it. The suicide doors on the fj sucked for people to get into.

And well the hummer was awesome, but... I seriously got tired of people thinking I was a millionaire, or wanting to look at it. I'm a low key guy.. and the H2 had to go. :)
Gotcha... Well once a huge lift and tires go on that Jeep there goes low key... Lol
Having has Jeeps my whole life ( 38 yrs old) there is no vehicle with so many mod options and coinciding catalogs/ sites to help you drain your account :)
I swear might as well just set up my account for automatic payments to half the vendors here lol

·
Registered
283 Posts
Gotcha... Well once a huge lift and tires go on that Jeep there goes low key... Lol
Having has Jeeps my whole life ( 38 yrs old) there is no vehicle with so many mod options and coinciding catalogs/ sites to help you drain your account :)
I swear might as well just set up my account for automatic payments to half the vendors here lol
noticed that.. i thought this was going to be my expedition vehicle, but the more I look at shit to buy for it, the more I lean towards getting another vehicle to drive and making the jeep a trail monster, :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts