Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 4 wheel disc brakes on my 2004 Sahara - i know what i need for front brake pads but does anyone know if the back are the same as the front

OR

is there a part number on the pad i can take off and find?

I dont know if 4wheel disc brakes was a factory option or if the previous owner converted. .

·
Registered
162 Posts
Rears came stock with drum brakes

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rears came stock with drum brakes
i guess all i can do is get and second set of brake pads and see if they fit on the back . . . lol

·
Registered
527 Posts
I c/o my front/rear rotors and disc brakes on my 06. The brake pads are alot smaller in rear and front/rear rotors have different part#. I recommend using on-line parts sites. They will ask you jeep type and show you part#. Specificly, I went with Centric Premium rotors and posi-quiet ceramic pads

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I c/o my front/rear rotors and disc brakes on my 06. The brake pads are alot smaller in rear and front/rear rotors have different part#. I recommend using on-line parts sites. They will ask you jeep type and show you part#. Specificly, I went with Centric Premium rotors and posi-quiet ceramic pads
Thank you!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Just went back and look @ my receipt snapshot and front and rear definitly have different part #s. And i remember that the rear rotor were also smaller than the fronts. Most the brake work is done in front, like 75-80%.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
What does the local parts store show? They should be able to look them up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts