Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a problem with this light, I know the light bulb works it flickers from time to time. I'v heard of a plugin on the tranfer case but haven't found it yet Help Please. First post

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 2002TJ and my dash light for 4wd doesn't light up anymore either. I just know when I'm in it when I shift into it. No idea how to replace it. Just wanted to let u know your not alone.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
The connector to the 4x4 switch is on top of the transfer case, near the edge on the passenger side.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I just replaced mine took like 5 minutes. After my Girlfriend drove it to the store with it in 4 wheel drive i replaced it. I put it in 4 wheel drive to put my boat away. we had alot of ran and didnt want to rip up the yard. It was in the middle of the summer. She loves to drive my jeep with the top off so she says hay can i take the jeep to the store i said of course. Nothing hotter then a female in a jeep. She got back and said you jeep was making a funny noise at about 55 MPH. so i ran out hopped in the jeep went for a ride to see what the noise could be. It was the noise of the T-Case in 4 wheel drive on the dry roads. I forgot it used the 4 wheel drive to put the boat away. I lucked out and didnt hurt anything.
Buy BWD 4-Wheel Drive Indicator Lamp Switch FWD20 at Advance Auto Parts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Mine didnt work after i had a new transmission installed. Turned out the connections were very dirty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts