Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #905 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #906 ·
I'm about to tow the jeep back to my house to do a little more work. I've still got to
1. Get the jeep to an exhaust shop.
2. Figure out what the deal is with the transfer case.

No big deal though. It's coming together!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #909 ·
Going to be towing it to the exhaust shop tomorrow. My anxiety of it working or not working was keeping me from pulling the trigger.

The way I see it, the Jeep is going to need an exhaust regardless. So let's get it put on!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #911 ·
Picked up some JW speaker knockoffs from Amazon. Spoke to the exhaust shop today. They said they could knock out the exhaust in like one to two days. I will probably get it towed tomorrow.

I also ordered a shift boot, shift boot bezel, and a gas cap! Just some astetic stuff. But things that would be needed to have a finished product.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #912 ·
I hadn't gotten it to the exhaust shop yet. I think I will get it over there some time next week. I've got a few things to clean up.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire

I put the new shift boot on and I put the front bumper on.

No pictures of the shift boot. :(

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #918 ·
Lots of rain here in Louisiana lately. Plus, the saints play today. So I'll probably finish the rear tomorrow or the next.

Now that I think about it, it might have to be next weekend due to the time change and it getting dark at 5!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #919 ·
I completed the rear of the lift. So much easier than the front. I disconnected the rear anti sway bar with four bolts, disconnected the track bar, then the shocks. I was able to lower the axle onto the ground to easily remove the springs.

You'll need about a foot of extensions to remove the upper rear shock bolts, but they weren't hard at all... Well, besides that one where I tried to tighten it instead of loosen it. Lol!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #920 ·
Now, you're probably wondering about the transfer case issue.

I've done nothing for it. I think once I have it running, it would be easier to diagnose because without it running, everything seems to be working fine!

901 - 920 of 934 Posts