Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any reason not to try a set at this price?

kanati mud hogs

the other tires im considering are the 40" nitto trail grapplers, 40" cooper stt pros, 40" mickey thompson baja mtz p3, 40" gladiator x-comp, and the 41.5" pitbull rockers (if they have a decent price on them for black friday!). the mud hogs can be had for $400-700 less than all the others though.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I've used them for a week. Not super impressed. A friend has had them for a year and they're already pretty well worn.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im at about a year now with my ironman tires and they are around 1/3 life left, maybe 1/4. my coopers were the same way the year before. im basically buying a set of tires every year as it is anyways.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've used them for a week. Not super impressed. A friend has had them for a year and they're already pretty well worn.

what size and what are you comparing them to? i liked the traction i had with the cooper's although they seemed to wear out quick, but that may have been helped by running the 12.5's on a stock 7.5" wheel.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
what size and what are you comparing them to? i liked the traction i had with the cooper's although they seemed to wear out quick, but that may have been helped by running the 12.5's on a stock 7.5" wheel.
We're talking about the 39s, so...the 39s. I can compare them to 37 General Grabber X3s and 38 Milestar Patagonias.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We're talking about the 39s, so...the 39s. I can compare them to 37 General Grabber X3s and 38 Milestar Patagonias.

what did you get for mileage on the milestars? how were the milestars compared to the mud hogs in snow and rain? road noise? just curious why you dont like the mud hogs as much because im seriously thinking about buying a set of tires tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
what did you get for mileage on the milestars? how were the milestars compared to the mud hogs in snow and rain? road noise? just curious why you dont like the mud hogs as much because im seriously thinking about buying a set of tires tomorrow.
I like rock crawling. That's where I noticed the lack of grip and accelerated wear. Also, 39s should come wider than 12.5.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Pitbulls for the win. I ran 1 set
of them in 35” and 2 sets in 37” on my last JKU and the New JKU will have a set of 37” next spring as well.
In most cases where we wheel Pitbulls go in 2wd where others need 4wd to get through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts