Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 dodge 2500 with 150k that runs great that my father inlaw gave me, but the body looks like crap "rust". I love driving my moms wrangler, and the kids love it to. I found a nice 93 wrangler, but the engine has high milage and have been put in the mud a time or two. I have a parts truck with axles trany every thing. I know it will take a lot of custum work, but is it doable and how much$$$ thanks

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
put a good used body on the truck, 1/2 ton body on the dodge, good body high miles bad gas motor down here are cheap!
Cummins 5.9 have been put in jeeps but it's to heavy to do much 4 wheeling, I've seen so on Utube, long front end , just a play toy, not a good useable jeep.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would but Im in Michigan and there are no good bodys here "rust". the wrangler I was looking at is in NC for only $1000.

·
Registered
93 Posts
im put a 5.9 cummins in my yj, although its been alot of work and alot of people try and talk you out of it, in the end its gonna be crazy. but only go through with it if you have time money and connections

·
Registered
443 Posts
Anything is possible given time and money, a cummins is a seriously powerful engine. You would need to have the YJ Frame reinforced dramaticly to handle the weight and torque of the engine. The first years Dodge used that engine they had a problem with engine power twisting the frames. If your not a welder and don't know one, then you better have deep pockets for a swap like that.

·
Registered
136 Posts
if you do it you'd better post pics and vid cuz that would be badass

1 - 8 of 8 Posts