Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tomorrow, i have a donor vehicle lined up, 2001 dodge durango w/ 140k on it. It has a 5.9 and i can get it for $400. Engine runs strong, but its a auto. I have all the intentions of putting a ax15 behind the 5.9.

Does anyone know if id be able to use the auto harness with a manual trans or am i just opening a can of worms?

·
Premium Member
8,323 Posts
Don't do it. I had the 5.9L in a 1998 Ram 1500 Quad cab and it would pass anything but a gas station. In 42,000 miles I never hit 14MPG. I drove it two years and traded it off on a 2000 2500 with a Cummins.

My 2004 with the Hemi didn't do any better on gas, but it had way more power, especially low end torque and it was in a 2500 which was heavier than the '98.

Now it may do better in the Jeep if you can get it to fit. You may find this interesting -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6H5dM-hxdU

·
Registered
437 Posts
So tomorrow, i have a donor vehicle lined up, 2001 dodge durango w/ 140k on it. It has a 5.9 and i can get it for $400. Engine runs strong, but its a auto. I have all the intentions of putting a ax15 behind the 5.9.

Does anyone know if id be able to use the auto harness with a manual trans or am i just opening a can of worms?
Yes, I think you are opening a whoop ass can of worms but the harness has nothing or little to do with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts