Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My new boat trailer requires a 5 post flat connection due to having a surge brake lock out which I am suppose to tap into the backup light wire.

I have a few questions.

#1. What color is the backup light wire on a 2008 wrangler unlim sahara

#2. Where would be the best place to tap into this wire with a crimp splicer - I have heard somewhere on the passenger side? Before the wire to the actual light housing or where do you think the best place to make this connection would be and how to access the wire.

I am not aware of any aftermarket wiring harness that would be plug and play for a 5 pole flat connection for the jeep so I think I am stuck having to tap into the backup light wire. I am not very auto tech savvy as you can tell so the simpler the better.

Thanks again for any help.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Any decent RV or auto electrical shop can to the work. My old man pulls a small travel trailer and had his wired with the 7 pole RV plug so he could have brakes and charging. The local shop auto electrical shop he used said they do this type of thing a lot on Jeeps. I think he paid $150.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Google Search for the pdf instructions on installing the JK wiring harness you have as it has the wire breakout you need, any web site that sells the wiring harness will also have the pdf instructions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts