Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I've searched and read up some on this, but thought I'd join and just ask and see what y'all have to say. I am presently kicking around the idea of selling my Harley and getting something the family can enjoy. Convertible or something. I'd really like a Jeep Wrangler. Really would just use it to cruise around our little town with the kids, no crazy "Jeep" stuff. Deal is, I've got my wife and 3 kids (8, 5, 3) to get in there. What are my BEST options? Is there some type of aftermarket split bench for the front or should I look into setting the 3 kids in back? Open to anything. Presently looking at a 2002 Wrangler X. Not looking at spending a lot, so not looking at any 4 doors. Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
715 Posts
I'm sure 3 kids in the back seat has been done but it would be a tight fit. My son at 12 takes up almost the whole seat himself. I have plenty of friends that went JKU (4door) in similar situations. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Keep in mind there are only seat belts for two in the back of a TJ.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Can do two. Three is definitely a stretch as said before. If I remember correct you can put a bench seat from a Ford ranger up front if you can make a couple brackets. Downside is you lose the fold and tumble so you'd literally have to climb over with the top on.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Guys round here have done it & it's possible, but you might be better off looking in the JKU territory. If not, I'd at least be looking at the LJ to mod. Just remember they get bigger.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
LJ was 04-06 Unlimited that provided about 10" extra length. JKU is the 07+ 4 door model. I suggested the LJ to mod because of the extras leg room. JKU's shouldn't be a problem, but you're moving up in the $$$ category pending year.

·
Registered
158 Posts
A very good friend of mine stuffed a third row bench seat in his JKU for his 3 kids, a bit older than OP's.
Space is a bit tight, but it serves it's purpose well. Also uses one of those hitch mounted shelf things to make up for storage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts