Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to sell my 98 tj 4 cyl/3 speed auto 200,000 miles w/33's and stock gearing for a 2014 jk 2door. It's been my first car for the last 3 years and love it to death but am ready for something new. With the new jk, I was planning to do a moderate lift with 35-37 in tires. Because I'm still in school and going to college out of state, what's the best combo for lift/ (50/50) on/off road tire, and gearing? Pics would also help a lot and be much appreciated!
(Of course ill keep the jeep wave going strong!)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Rancho 2", Firestone Destination AT 285/75/16 (33") on Black Rock or similar steel wheels.

This will get you stared on a modest budget. Find a JK with 3.73 gears and you wont need to regear for the 33s.

When you're ready for 35s, you can cut your fenders flat or put on aftermarket ones.

When you're ready for 37's, you can go a a more technical (read; expensive) lift of 3.5" or so.

I think a lot of guys get all caught up in having to have it all, right now. Mod in small steps, learn your Jeep and have fun.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Rancho 2", Firestone Destination AT 285/75/16 (33") on Black Rock or similar steel wheels.

This will get you stared on a modest budget. Find a JK with 3.73 gears and you wont need to regear for the 33s.

When you're ready for 35s, you can cut your fenders flat or put on aftermarket ones.

When you're ready for 37's, you can go a a more technical (read; expensive) lift of 3.5" or so.

I think a lot of guys get all caught up in having to have it all, right now. Mod in small steps, learn your Jeep and have fun.
Exactly if your in school an having to pay for it there's hardly anyway that you'll be able to budget a lifted jeep on 37's an do it right. You could possibly do a 2.5" budget boost an 35's for now with really no issue

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
35's are easy...37's are expensive, even before you get to the tires.

The cheapest way to 35's is to flat fender your jeep, IMHO, a budget boost is a complete waste of money. For a little more money than flat fenders you can run a spring lift with new shocks and have tremendously improved ride quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts