Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have on order a Gobi rack to be set up for a 50 inch light bar. I have done a ton of shopping for a light bar, and, as most of you know, these things are all over the map. Rigid seems over the top, since I will be using it only occasionally. At the other end of the spectrum are the $139 models on Amazon.

I keep coming back to this one:

50-inch Straight Cree LED Light Bar [70950] | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

It seems to have good reviews. Do any of you have any experience with this product? Any recommendations? FWIW, I live in a pretty dry climate and this will get used mostly in the desert.

Thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I can't help with the Rough Country bar but I did have their mounts and had to return them because the upper bracket was bent wrong from the factory and the light bar would not mount straight. I can encourage you not to waste your time and money with those cheaper Amazon bars. I did and it's in my top 5 of modding mistakes. I bought 3 of the Amazon bars in various lengths and all 3 had issues over time. Go for a Rigid Radiance it's affordable for a Rigid. Plus it's head and shoulders above the others in build quality and so much better light output than any of those Amazon bars. I was shocked how much brighter and how much better the light dispersion was with the Rigid.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Can the back lights be activated independently of the forward projecting LEDs?
I assume you are asking about the Rigid Industries bar. If so, the answer is yes.

·
Banned
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I assume you are asking about the Rigid Industries bar. If so, the answer is yes.
Yes, for the Rigid Radiance. If so, thats pretty cool. One could run the ambers as clearance/fogs.

Oh, and that's quite the built JKU you have :action-smiley:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yes, for the Rigid Radiance. If so, thats pretty cool. One could run the ambers as clearance/fogs.

Oh, and that's quite the built JKU you have :action-smiley:
Thanks

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
I don't have a 50" light bar, but I have a cheap Chinese 6" led spot for reverse, 10" rigid sr floods up front, and rigid side shooters on my a pillar.

I replaced the Chinese led once due to condensation issues. The lens seems to also yellow over time and the black housing tends to fade after a while. I do plan to switch out the Chinese led to rigid srm diffused. They are affordable, but a waste of $$ in terms of long term longevity based on my experience.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Get a cheap one and turn it into a project. Seal it yourself. Look for bad solder joints and touch them up. Coat the heatsink yourself. Then you can be sure of its quality.

Patience is a virtue.

·
Registered
41 Posts
... I can encourage you not to waste your time and money with those cheaper Amazon bars. I did and it's in my top 5 of modding mistakes. I bought 3 of the Amazon bars in various lengths and all 3 had issues over time. Go for a Rigid Radiance it's affordable for a Rigid. Plus it's head and shoulders above the others in build quality and so much better light output than any of those Amazon bars. I was shocked how much brighter and how much better the light dispersion was with the Rigid.
+1, I went cheap, mold started growing inside it within a couple of months. I now have a Rigid 50" E series. It is crazy bright. The other was scattered everywhere. Also, the Rigid came with isolators that eliminated about 95% of the whistle.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Love my 50" Rigid Radiance. Expensive, but worth it.

·
Banned
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's all fine and good, and I appreciate your responses. But still, nobody has made a direct comment about the Rough Country light bar. Specs are very good.

Does anyone have any direct experience?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
My brother in laws shop has sold a couple of the RCX light bars. So far, no complaints.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts