Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a few hundred bucks in my play account and I figured I should blow it.

I bought a 50 Inch Eye-yourlife light bar to throw on top of the wrangler. The reviewers say seal it with RTV and you're good to go.

It didn't come with a wiring harness so does anybody know what gauge wiring I'd need for this 300watt beast?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I picked up a light bar and wiring from Maximumjeep.com . Fantastic products, their wiring kit worked out great for me.

·
Registered
331 Posts
eyourlife is what I have in 30" and seems to be holding up well for the few months that I have had it...didn't seal it at all and so far so good with no moisture or water inside yet

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Eyeyourlife light bars are already sealed.
Not sure where you'd put RTV but you shouldn't need to. Might avoid direct power washing so you blow out a seal but typical rain and daily driving they seem fine.

I live in the Pacific Northwet and my 50" bar has been in the rain and snow for a year now, with no fog or leaks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
For the wire size question you first need to find the amperage of the circuit. Take the wattage and divide by the system voltage. 300/12 = 25A. The go find an ampacity chart which will tell you what guages of wire are rated for. In this case you will want at 10AWG or lower

1 - 6 of 6 Posts