Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X Edition on March 7th. I had received a $500 Bonus Cash Allowance certificate that expired in February and then another certificate on March 24th. I regrettably purchased a Jeep right in the middle of the eligibility period of these two certificates. I contacted my salesman at Bodwell's Jeep Chrysler Dodge in Brunswick, Maine and asked if he could request that one of the certificates be honored. After conferring with the Sales Manager/Owner, he emailed me the phone number to Jeep Incentives. I was very hopeful that Jeep Incentives would honor the Bonus Cash Allowance. Even though I spoke with a very pleasant representative - Margaret, I was told that Jeep would do not do this for me. In fact, she explained that the offers were essentially "coupons" and there was nothing she could do. It was very disappointing to hear that even though she was representing one of the largest corporations in the world that she could do nothing for me as a customer. I want to point out that this will be the sixth Chrysler (1), Dodge (2), Jeep (2), and Plymouth (1) vehicle that my wife and I have owned. We are certainly loyal Chrysler customers. Jeep seemed to think so when I was offered the first "coupon" that expired in February. Jeep must certainly have valued me as a customer when they offered me another "coupon" two weeks after I bought my new Jeep. I am quite positive they valued me as a customer while I was buying the Jeep. Now that I have bought it, however, the answer I received to what I felt was a reasonable request was that "there is nothing I can do." So very disappointing. I know that such a gesture of good will, one that shows value for our long-standing customer relationship is within the power of Jeep to grant. I contacted the dealership again and also Jeep Customer Service and do hope that I can be heard through those avenues or that they forward my request appropriately. I do value my relationship with Chrysler and Jeep and am a good ambassador as I speak positively about both my new Jeep and purchase experience at Bodwell's Chrysler Jeep Dodge. I hope that Jeep feels the same way and reviews my request with more consideration than a cursory "there is nothing that I can do."

Your thoughts out there?

·
Registered
413 Posts
These coupons are a way to drive traffic to the dealerships to initially buy the jeep. They couldnt care less after you've bought a vehicle.

Now it's service's turn for their marketing to drive you in to them.

Just the way the cookie crumbles.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
You signed paperwork agreeing to a price, it's over. Got my $500 today, 3 weeks or so after I bought mine. That's like $10 difference per month, if that. Not gonna get worried about it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sorry, you're looking for a handout. The customer loyalty card works better when you have a repair that isn't warrantied. Nevertheless, Why would they have to retro-actively give you $500 when the transaction is already done? Why didn't you buy the Jeep 7 days earlier when the coupon was still valid?

I would also suggest using paragraphs so it'll be easier to read.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These coupons are a way to drive traffic to the dealerships to initially buy the jeep. They couldnt care less after you've bought a vehicle. Now it's service's turn for their marketing to drive you in to them. Just the way the cookie crumbles.
Thats pretty much how I am starting to see it...customer service and customer relationship is just lip service...really just a tag line for the advertising and brochures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts