Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a $500 bonus from work next week:flipoff: ..... any suggestions? (You can see my current mods on my cardomain page in my sig)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i was thinking about getting the jks 1.25 bl w/ a browndog 1" MML that would be $200 total:rolleyes: any other ideas... im sure alot of you will look at my little jeep and say it could use another $500:rofl: i actually considered tube fenders scout.... Maybe bumpers, rockers, line-x, seat covers, ipf 968's, crusher corners, disco's, i dont know but i think you get the point.... what would you guys do w/ $500?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
you could do 2'' springs/coils for 320-350..

then spend the other 150-180 on lights or something else

or a nice set of rockers instead of the lift

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
tube fenders, front bumper, rear bumper with carrier, rocker guards...one of those...maybe you could afford 2 like the rockerguards and the front bumper

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
save half and spend the rest on something nice.

~Lev

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
if un cant figure anythign out ill take it and figuire somthing else out

but if you have a plan for the jeep, dont just buy stuff b/c u have the $$, keep saving and get the 4" lift and 33's or w/e it is

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have a plan (...and 33's) but it looks something like Mr. Cliffords:rolleyes: , so just about everything is game. I just dont know what order to go in, or what works best w/ what i have now. (and in the case of tube fenders looks coolest:rofl: ) thanks

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
but if you have a plan for the jeep, dont just buy stuff b/c u have the $$, keep saving and get the 4" lift and 33's or w/e it is

very good point...also, don't try to cheap out and buy something thats cheap just so you can get it now...you will regret it later...and chances are that you just "think" you like it

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea, i learned that w/ lights... i had Harbor freight lights $20, went to Hella's $80, and now i want IPF 968's... lucky that was the first thing i did when i got it, so everything else has been quality 1st. An extra $20-50 here and there will pay for itself in not having to be replaced. good point though!

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Armor!!! Of course tube fenders are considered armor too. :D

·
WF Graphics Bitch
544 Posts
Get armor. Then get yourself a HF winch or a locker.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Well Your new best Freind Tj Bunch Could Use a new front Bumper....LoL Hey get some armour if your into rocks and stumps on your trips whaat ever you think you need and like they say if it's too much right now save some more and get it later.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Id suggest getting a belly up skid and then a sye/tom woods drive shaft but you'll be about $350 shy. Unless of course you can build your own skid, then the shaft and sye are $500. Sometimes a little cheaper. Still, if you ever go higher your gonna need it. If you dont wanna do that then Id say get a locker maybe. It makes a TON of difference. Mine hasnt been too bad on the road either (Detroit locker). Rocker guards would probably be my 3rd choice but they are very important. I only say those last becasue if your careful you could probably avoid much rocker damage, but who wants to be careful!?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Front locker. Aussie for +/- $230. Well worth it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts