Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was out at my girlfriends house and found a 528 hemi sittin in a shed. she said it was an old project her roommate started and i could have the motor. i tore it apart and sent it to get media-blasted. im definitely gonna rebuild it, but i don't know if i should attempt in putting it in my yj or not. i've got a 95 with a 3" suspension lift and a 6" soa conversion. haven't upgraded axles or driveshaft yet as i'm waiting to do it all at once with the new motor. any suggestions on what kind of axles will support that, what kind of tranny will mount up, or better yet, will it even fit? thanks for the help and pointers!

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Son of a b*tch that is going to be a huge powerplant. :D I'm all for big blocks in Jeeps, but DAMN. :D

As far as drivetrain goes. Honestly D60's are going to be the way to go for you. :D I don't even think 44's will hold up to that kind of power. What sized tires are you running with 9" of lift?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Is this a Keith Black engine?How do you know it's a 528.You just don't find 528 cubic inch hemi's laying around.It would have to be seriously stroked to get them cubes.Just curious because there is no way to tell unless you disassemble the engine and take measurements.Sorry,sounds cool.Really interesting.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
damn that is a big ass engine, if you dn't use it i;ll trade you.

ohh yeah there is a thread here for dana sixty adn d44 for sale for 300 dollers look into it your gonna need it, damn man that engine is sick

·
Registered
76 Posts
HIMI motor

i was out at my girlfriends house and found a 528 hemi sittin in a shed. she said it was an old project her roommate started and i could have the motor.

I wondered where that motor went

Hey thats my motor. you put that back.

just kidding :flipoff::punk::crash:

·
Registered
933 Posts
those engines new go for like $17,000 !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts