Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 Wrangler Unlimited I was debating removing the spare tire and rim....welcoming all input questions comments and concerts....GO....

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
This must be an aesthetics issue, since relocating it to the back takes up all your cargo/passenger room... which I thought was the point of the 4 door in the first place. :confused:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mitchness said:
This must be an aesthetics issue, since relocating it to the back takes up all your cargo/passenger room... which I thought was the point of the 4 door in the first place. :confused:
yeah just wanted input on this I saw a couple JKs without the spare tire on back I liked the way it looked....just wanted input from other Jeep Peeps...!!!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
I just took my tire and carrier off yesterday because I've read larger tires than stock can wreck your tailgate over time. Since I have a new 2013 I don't want to take that chance. I've been looking at other tire carriers but I'm good with my spare in the back because I pulled the rear seats today :)

I also like the look with no tire on the back.

·
Registered
937 Posts
xzy said:
I just took my tire and carrier off yesterday because I've read larger tires than stock can wreck your tailgate over time. Since I have a new 2013 I don't want to take that chance. I've been looking at other tire carriers but I'm good with my spare in the back because I pulled the rear seats today :)

I also like the look with no tire on the back.
If you like the look, that's cool... But if you look at the carrier it is actually designed to handle a bigger tire, up to a 35 comfortably.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think TJs and JKs look better with the spare. IMO, the no-spare look is better on old CJs. When I see a newer Jeep without a spare, or running lifted with 33's and a stock spare on the back it looks like they went cheap...if I was buying it would make me question what else they cut corners on. Besides, isn't the Jeeping about being self reliant? That said, a stock spare is better than no spare!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I personally like the spare tire on the back, both for aesthetics and function. To each his own though. It'll look great either way, don't worry about what others think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts