Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some new speakers for the jeep, got 6 1/2 for the sound bar then change my mind and stuck them in the dash. Got on the Internet and saw some idea and how they did it. Not bad at all in fact it was easy other then the drivers side.

image-3629548023.png

Sorry but this is the only bad picture.

image-2967034757.png

So this is the stock ones that were already in the jeep.

image-3748993569.jpg

These are the brackets that we made that fit right on the speakers and they screw right into the old holes for the stock ones (the drivers side we did have to change a bit so that it would not hit the light switch, we just made it pitch out from the top a bit) we also use the hardware that came with the speakers.

image-3983725717.jpg

And there you go, that's how they went on to the speakers

image-2431693348.jpg

And there you go, they fit right in there. I forgot to say this earlier but there is a brace beside the stock speakers that you have to cut out and that's what let's you fit the 6 1/2 in there. And yes you can tell they have been change.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Do you have a pic of the whole dash so we can see the actual location of them in the jeep?

Also a before and after.

Then sound clip!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Nice. Did you make a template you could share or are you willing to sell a set? I think my 5.25 is blown and would be nice to go bigger up front.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll take a picture of the templet ad post it, they were easy to make did not take much time at all

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
image-549841849.jpg

I think you all can read that on the picture, it looks good to me. But if not it's 16GA/Steal the top holes are 13/64-sloted ad the two side ones are 11/64 that little dip down on the left is so that it won't hit the light switch and the little small peace of steal does on the top bolts on the drivers side also helps clear the light switch. (that will be in the next pic) and this plan works great on TJ not much change till the LJ and the older YJ

image-2065473078.jpg

And there's the small steal I was talking about.

And there no left and right just make all of them then flip two around and it will fit the other side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts