Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best quality Brand of speakers out there for a wrangler?? And would you recommend to amplify it with a 4 channel amplifier?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I installed the 6.5" Kicker 77kick10 speakers and they sound great. They are designed specifically for Chrysler vehicles to the factory wire harness plugs directly into the speaker without any adapters. The speaker itself also does not need any adapters to install. These are a huge improvement over the factory speakers. You can buy them on Ebay for around $68.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I installed the 6.5" Kicker 77kick10 speakers and they sound great. They are designed specifically for Chrysler vehicles to the factory wire harness plugs directly into the speaker without any adapters. The speaker itself also does not need any adapters to install. These are a huge improvement over the factory speakers. You can buy them on Ebay for around $68.
I just was on with Quadratec about these. Had a good conversation with a rep. I am very impressed with Quadratec. He actually talked me out of them. Told me that honestly, I could get better quality for less money at Crutchfields. He said that although an upgrade, the Mopar product was older technology. He said he prefers buying things specifically from company's that make them. Like not buying a bumper from a company that is known for tires, etc.. I wound up ordering these from Crutchfields Kicker 40CS654 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com. One set for the doors and one for the sound bar. Everything needed for plug and play. I thanked the Quadratec rep very much for his honesty. I told him although they lost this sale, they will get many more in the future due to their integrity. Ironically I had just bought a soft top for my son's TJ from them two days ago. Bravo Quadratec.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
If you are doing an aftermarket amp, I would not touch the 77Kick10's....there are far better speakers out there. I'm partial to Polk Audio.....and I would look at component speakers.

And yes, I have the 77Kick10's in my Wrangler.

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
Best quality? How much money are you willing to spend. You can spend $5k for a set of Morel Supremo's and it is almost impossible to beat the quality.

With that said the only person that can really answer that question is you. Determine your price point and then go out and listen to all the speakers in your price range. What sounds good to one person sounds bad to another. At any given price point quality will be about the same, but sound can be very different.

Once you have made your speaker selection then you can worry about an amp. Pioneer, Alpine and JL make good amps. JL is made in America if that is of interest to you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Infinity or Polk...I run Infinity in my Sahara and Polk in my Sport....the polks are marine rated, so if they get wet - eh.

Amp is a polk 5 channel in my sport...running stock infinity amp + boss amp for sub in my Sahara.

·
Registered
268 Posts
As far as brands go I'd place Polk, Kicker and Infinity on the lower end of the aftermarket scale. Not that they are terrible but if you're looking for the best those IMO are not going to be it.

As far as what is the best, it really depends on your budget and what sounds best to you. You'll be at around $400 a pair for a nice set. You can go nuts and pay thousands for a pair but there seems to be a point of diminishing return after you get to around the $400/$500 mark if you're just looking for something that sounds good. I personally prefer the sound of Focal mids and tweeters so that's what I went with.

As for marine speakers go they are designed with salt corrosion in mind not necessarily water. A marine rating doesn't really mean that piece of audio gear is better able to handle something like rain in an open Jeep better than something that is not.

·
Registered
44 Posts
-Car audio shop owner (Automotive Obsession in Farmville VA). these guys are right, choose your speaker around your budget. here are a couple.

kenwood $40
pioneer $50
sony $50
infinity $60
kicker $60

again its your choice depending on your budget. If you want to know whats in my Jeep its JL audio.

Car Selector

get some poly fill while your at it and stuff it in the sound bar while you have the speaker out.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Infinity is hard to beat when powered by /////Alpine. It might not be the loudest in the world are piss eveyone off but, I can almost guarantee you can't find a cleaner fuller sounding speaker. I have tried many different speakers and have always gone back to the Infinity's. Polk Audio's are not to bad but, to me just sound flat and lifeless even with a big amp on them. Infinity's also handle a bit more than they are rated for as well and like to be driven a little harder. I have a 350 watt Alpine amp driving my factory Infinity 8 inch sub and you would think its at least a 10 back there. My Alpine head unit drives the factory Infinity fronts and my after market Infinity sound bar speakers. Its not the loudest in the world by no means but, it sounds much better than anything I have heard for the money its just loud enough to make you go deaf and clear enough to hear anything you want in a song that you never knew was there and the front speakers are the cheaper Mopar Infinity's coudn't imagine what the after market fronts would sound like. Amp was 250.00, Head unit 350.00, Factory subwoofer 239.00 and the overhead speakers 100.00. So for less than a grand is where I stand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts