Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a 2012 really hit 60 in 6.7 seconds??? That just seems wrong for a vehicle this capable off road to also be this quick on road. I'm not complaining mind you... :D

Our 3918-pound Sport hit 60 in 6.7 seconds, finishing the quarter mile in 15.2 seconds at 89.1 mph.

Read more: 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport - First Test - Truck Trend

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
my '88 ford ranger could do 40 in about 3 seconds, getting up to 60 took a few minutes after that though. Low end torque, its fun!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Does a 2012 really hit 60 in 6.7 seconds??? That just seems wrong for a vehicle this capable off road to also be this quick on road. I'm not complaining mind you... :D
I watched a Hemi Wrangler vs. Pentastar Wrangler on another forum, you're certainly getting a lot more bang for the buck these days with the 3.6L VVT:cool: Not saying that the Hemi didn't eventually pull away though:hide:

·
Registered
73 Posts
My Unlimited with 4.10s and 5sp auto does it in about 7.5-8.0 secs so I'm not surprised the 2 door would do it in 6.7. I love the new engine. It makes the 2012 a pretty complete vehicle.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Isn't this like month old info?
I think it was MotorTrend that first stated 6.7 seconds.....

Anyway.....in "real life" (with doors and tops and without dropping the clutch) it is closer to mid 7's for the 2 door, and mid 8's for the 4 door (depending on gearing)....which is plenty fast for a Wrangler.

·
Statler & Waldorf Show
835 Posts
I opted for the optional neutrino filled Pentastar. With nitrogen tires. 6.7 seconds seems slow.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
I wonder if the Wrangler in the picture is the one they tested? I see they have at least the Sport S model if so. (17 inch wheels, AC, power windows/doors, ect).

I wonder what axle ratio they had?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts