Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Within the next few months or so I will probably get myself some new 32x11.5" and I was considering getting some new fender flares. I think I like the look of the Bushwhacker Pocket Flares but I see bad reviews about them so I am not sure... I think to get full tire coverage I would need 6" flares (11.5" wide tires on rims that are either 3-3/4" to 4" of backspacing). In Tennessee I think it is a lot of mud wheeling and far more rain than there is in California so the wider flares may be nice to keep mud and road debris off the side of my Jeep.

Does anyone have any suggestions on good flares that are around 6" wide? Bushwhackers are pretty expensive too so are there any other cheaper options that you like?

Thanks!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have the Bushwacker flats. They're ok but the po did a horrible mounting job. I'm currently only running 31x10.50s on 3.75" maybe 3.5" backspace. They are BARELY covered. If you have 4" bs, you may be good

·
Super Moderator
3,771 Posts
Xenon. It's a very tough, non-brittle plastic. But once you spend $500 for xenons or bushwackers, you might as well get into some aftermarket body flares (Metalcloak, etc)

·
Registered
587 Posts
I went with the Rugged Ridge 6 inch Bushwhacker knock offs for half the price (they were $256 when I bought them 2 months ago but I see Amazon has jacked the price up to $291). Anyway I think pretty well made, in fact I went into a rut & got my passenger side front tire all jammed up in the wheel well & it grabbed the flare & pulled it about an inch off the fender - bent the 90 degree angle where you mount the flares nearly flat for over a foot BUT no damage to the flare, popped it back off & banged things straight afterwards. They arc down so you're more likely to have clearance issues like I did, but I'm not a fan of flat flares so I like them:

https://www.amazon.com/Rugged-Ridge-11630-10-Stainless-All-Terrain/dp/B003TXH6XE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts